Say NO to Kimkins Web Ring

Monday, October 27, 2008

A Blast from Kimmer's Past, part II

Combing through some more of the "Ask Kimmer" threads at Low Carb Friends is like looking into a gaping maw of arrogance. Heidi Diaz perfected her Kimkins Diet B.S. while ruling the message boards there for a while. At least, she ruled her own little corner of that site.

In case anyone has forgotten, Heidi is the 300+lbs. woman who bragged on LCF about her ability to water-fast, singing it's praises in glowing terms. This is one of the ways she claimed to have lost a ton of weight, but developed her Kimkins diet plan for those "who didn't want it bad enough" to water-fast the weight off.

Of course, it was all a HUGE lie.

Here's a little gem or two concerning the practice of water-fasting in which Kimmer claims that it gives one a feeling of euphoria and increased mental acuity. By the way, hyperbole is just one of the tools liars use to make their stories sound so incredible, it MUST be true. After all, who would tell such a lie? Well, Heidi, for one, certainly would.

From LCF: 06-07-2006, 11:17 AM #2389

Originally Posted by XXXXXX - Wow, thats great. How did you feel after
45days of not eating or did you eat broths as I see some do? I know your not a
big water person so you fasted with mainly diet sodas? I'm just wondering how it
would feel after not eating for so long.

Kimmer - Believe it or not, after you stop eating for a
week you don't think about it much. After two weeks, it feels normal not to eat.
Why?We spent an extradinary amount of time food shopping, putting groceries
away, prepping, menu planning, cooking, cleaning the kitchen, washing dishes ...
and when you take all of those food related activities away, you're literally
forced to take a hard look at yourself. This is when most new fasters quit,
around day 4. Mentally they're freaking out. They're sure they're starving. They
miss their dear friend, "food", and food addiction is a very strong habit to
fight. OK, without food what am I? Who am I? If something bad/good happens and I
don't celebrate or commiserate with food, what else on earth can I do? You take
a whole new look at yourself. Until you go through it, you don't know what I'm
talking about. The energy high is incredible. Detox is a lulu, but you thank your body for doing what it does best, establishing priorities and taking care of business.

From LCF: 06-04-2006, 02:01 PM #2210
Originally Posted by xxxxxx
Need Advice Kimmer.I've been doing induction for almost two weeks and I'm down 14 lbs. I'm happy with my progress and I've hurdled over some tough obstacles to stay on plan b/c I know this is what I want most. My question is do I stay with what is working for me now, which is straight good old fashioned Atkins induction with the occasion processed stuff when in a pinch, or should I go for the K/E or Kimkins now. I didn't know if it would be best for me to switch things up when I start to slow down. Any advice would be great, I'm very commited to doing whatever (except I don't know about fasting just yet)

Kimmer - Oops, I did overlook it! Sorry! I read it early this morning, made some mental notes ... and didn't post. See, if I were water fasting my acute mental clarity wouldn't have allowed that to happen, LOL. If you're slowing down, my guess would be it's because you're higher calorie Atkins with occasional LC 'stuff'.If you want to maintain the most rapid weight loss, by all means fall back to Kimkins which is pretty much lean protein & a couple veggie servings. Your loss will stay kicked up for quite awhile. Don't do water fasting if you're not sure of it. Mentally, you've got to be on board and I don't recommend
it for casual weight loss in non-obese people.
Why? I don't know. If you want to stay on Atkins, count the LC products at full carb count to help you understand about slowing weight loss.

These are just another couple of examples among hundreds, maybe thousands, of posts where Kimmer encourages dieters to eat less. Oh, and did you catch the little dig at the dieter seeking Kimmer's advice? "Mentally, you've got to be on board [with water fasting]." In other words, it's easy for Heidi to water fast because she's got the mental toughness to make it work.

Just know this: If you are considering joining Kimkins, this is the kind of lame, dangerous advice you'll be spending $80 to get from a woman who was caught with an open container of sugar cookies in her car during a news story last fall concerning the lawsuit she faces. That's right! Diaz faces a class-action lawsuit for using phony success stories, including her own, to sell Kimkins to an unsuspecting dieting public.

Do yourself a favor: DON'T DO KIMKINS. Don't pay Heidi Diaz $80 to tell you how to live on just a few hundred calories per day! There are many healthy, delicious low-carb plans that you can do, and you will lose. You don't have to starve!

P.S. Sorry to leave you hanging, Kat. I'm a busy gal!

1 comment:

Kat said...

lol, thanks MBF and your right...people shouldn't do Kimkins, it's dangerous! Her example of how after a week or two on her water fast you don't think about food...well, doing Kimkin by Heidi's rules is the same thing and you end up starving your body without even thinking about it until the health issues show up and then it is "too late to take it back".