Say NO to Kimkins Web Ring

Monday, July 14, 2008

Low Carb and High Minded

Just over a year ago, I began a new lifestyle. A low-carb lifestyle. So far, I've learned quite a bit about myself and about others. Even though some of the lessons have been tough, I am realizing those tough lessons have made me a stronger person. A person who is willing to stand up for herself and do what I see as the right thing, no matter what the cost.

By examining all the lies, cons and the overwhelming level of narcissism displayed by Heidi Diaz of Kimkins diet infamy, I am reminded how important it is to be above-board and play by the rules. True, it is easy to pretend to be something you are not on the Internet, Heidi is a prime example. She's a 300+lbs. bald woman who used bits and pieces of various low-carb diet programs to create a dangerous, starvation diet plan she calls Kimkins. It is well-documented that she did so by pretending to be a svelte 118 lbs. woman who claimed to have lost close to 200 lbs. in about 11 months using her own program.

It may be easy to pretend to be something you're not on the Internet, but it's also easy to get caught. And, while Heidi or Kimmer as she calls herself is being sued, we don't know yet whether or not she'll pay for her crimes. One thing is certain, Kimkins will NEVER again be the thriving diet website it was this time last year.

I was one of the many who signed up for Kimkins and blindly followed her advice. Fortunately, I kept searching for answers to my long struggle with weight and found a lot of people who were already on to Heidi's games. I read the message boards; I read their blogs, and I learned. I not only learned to face that I had been conned, I learned to forgive myself, be strong, and walk away from Kimkins.

I've now had to walk away from one of the anti-Kimkins groups. See, it is more important to me to stand up for what I believe is right, than to knuckle under to popular opinion. I never have been one to follow the crowd.

A little background: I don't fully understand it myself, but one of this group I've chosen to remove myself from, I now know to be one of the anti-KK bloggers. Several months ago, she took a few swipes at me and was quite ugly to me. Why? I haven't the foggiest clue. Later, when she got duped by one of the minor villains in the Heidi saga, I defended her. Not so she'd be my bud, but because I felt it was the right thing to do. I had been duped by Heidi (which this blogger wasn't and was never a KK member) so I knew how it felt to get suckered. Nothing more was said between us and I quit trying to learn who this blogger is or why she disliked me so much. I had NO clue this person was masquerading at LCF since F.W.Kimmer #14 and another anti-KK message board and being quite friendly to me. Oh and we also belonged to a small Yahoo! group together as well.

Anyway, flash forward to a few days ago. This blogger did something I found to be distasteful and unethical. First, I went to her blog and made a comment about it. Secondly, as the information she placed on her blog was lifted verbatim from the alternate anti-KK board, I placed a few messages there saying I thought it was wrong. The information in question was found and placed there by a dear friend of mine IRL who was and is quite upset about this. Long story short: Two other prominent bloggers who started this board turned on me like a pack of she-wolves. We couldn't even agree to disagree. And, I have irrefutable proof that the post was stolen verbatim. Still they say I am wrong to call her on it and that I need to drop it.

Just because I chose to stand up for what I believe in my heart to be right, people I thought were friends have turned on me in a vicious and ugly manner. They have gone so far as to insinuate that I am a back-stabber and frequently talk about other Ducks behind their backs. This is not true. I am a good person, loyal, and will stand up for what I believe in no matter what. It is how I want to be treated and how I treat others. Period.

During this whole scene straight out of " Jr. High School Musical" one of these prominent bloggers accidentally revealed to me the identity of the original blogger who attacked me months ago. I promised her before she completely turned on me that I would not reveal this blogger's true identity. No matter what this person and her friend have said about me, I won't reveal this person's secret. Two wrongs really can't ever make a right.

I'm going to do the right thing, keep fighting to shut down Kimkins, and stay true to the strong, decent person that I truly am. I didn't let the likes of Heidi Diaz shake my faith in myself, and I won't let ANYONE else do so either.

I am Mayberryfan, and I approve this message!

2 comments:

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

You just keep on keepin' on! If any good came out of the Kimkins crapola, it's meeting great people like you at LCF. Mega Dittoes!!!

Mary

Mayberryfan said...

Aww, thanks Mary! I feel the same way about you. I'm telling you, I've never been so disappointed to see some people's true colors. And, believe me, they were singing a different tune just a few months ago. There's much more to come, so stayed tuned!

Mega Dittoes to you, too!