Say NO to Kimkins Web Ring

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Bald and the Beautiful?

Being a huge Chris Daughtry fan, I'll be the first to admit that bald can definitely be beautiful. But then again, he's a guy. On women, bald is, well, scary!

Witness the latest in a LONG line of Kimkins dieters who are complaining about significant hair loss, only to to be told by the diet's creator, Heidi Diaz - who happens to be a 300 lbs. bald woman - that it's no big deal.

Hair Loss? 1 Day, 7 Hours ago
Has anyone had a lot of hair loss?
I've been on the plan since January and last month my hair started falling out really bad. My Dr. took blood and said everything looks OK so the only thing I can think of is some vitamin I'm not getting since I've cut out sugars and all the uck stuff. I take a multivitamin and B-12.... Any one have any ideas?

Kimmer (Admin)
Re:Hair Loss? 1 Day, 7 Hours ago

Temporary hair loss can result from rapid weight loss, sudden diet change, stress or hormone changes from estrogenic body fat. You started in January and have lost 50 pounds in 6 months which wouldn't be considered "rapid". Six months of Kimkins isn't a sudden diet change. Hmmm.What are your weekends like? Are you 100% on program or cheats here and there? My reason for asking is when we cheat, then get "strict" on Monday ... maybe a few episodes of extreme carb/low carb could trigger the estrogen flood from melting body fat. Maybe. I'm not a doctor. Do a Google search for "hair loss" and "Weight Watchers", "Atkins", "South Beach" or any popular diet and you'll see posts about hair loss. A Kimkins member posted awhile ago that her hairdresser told her she always see hair loss when her clients start a diet.What I've always found fascinating is men don't typically report hair loss on diets. They don't have high estrogen levels and they don't take birth control pills. Birth controls are estrogen and tiny amounts of estrogen (and every other drug we eat) are stored in body fat. When the fat melts, those drugs and toxins are released into the blood system. Follow up with your doctor, ask his advice. FYI - During water fasts this flood of toxins triggers lethargy, acne, coated tongue, etc. which

Did you notice how Kimmer always blames the dieter for the hair loss?? See, since Heidi Diaz has the auto immune disorder alopecia universalis, and therefore has no hair whatsoever, it's pretty easy to be flippant about someone else's hair loss, eh Heidi?? Of course, Kimkins couldn't be at fault! Eating 500-800 calories per day, why no, that leads to tons of shiny, beautiful hair, right?? Wrong!

Kimmer's mini-me, SingingLass - Delany Deaver - then chimed in with her own brainwashed advice:

SingingLass (Admin)
Re:Hair Loss? 1 Day, 3 Hours ago

Like Kimmer said, it is a common occurence from weight loss. I was assured this both by my doctor, and three different hair-stylists. It is also something they warn weight loss surgery patients about as a side-affect. Basically, some people will experience an interuption to their hair growth cycle whenever any change or stress occurs to the body....this can be illness, high periods of stress, pregnancy, weight-loss, reaction to medications etc....what it does is put a larger amount of hair into the regrowth cycle then normal---so more new hair comes up and pushes hair out all of a sudden, causing shedding. The good news is that the reason it does this is due to new growth coming in, so it is hair that is coming back however annoying it can be. Like Kimmer said, you can search the net and find it is common to any program of weight loss. It is something the "anti" people like to wave as a negative, but you can find posts all over the place on the "other" board of people experiencing hair loss from other diet plans. That is actually where I first came across it myself actually. I had a lot of hair loss back when I was on atkins ( was shortly before I started doing kimkins).....however I was not sure if it was from the diet or the fact that I was recovering from a long period of illness. I however, have not had problems with loss in a long time, and in fact have lots of new growth that is catching up to the rest of my hair now. I have had three different stylists chatter to me about how they see hair loss in people who have lost weight all the time, especially in those who admit to having lapband procedures etc....They misquoted me on a television program a few months back ( basically they took small clips out of an hour long interview and spliced about 20 seconds of things taken out of context together to make it sound like I said something totally different) regarding hair loss. basically in the interview I had been discussing all the risks of being obese...such as heart issues, diabetes, arthritis, just over all how it affects our lives, mobility etc....and in comparison, some cosmetic hair loss that comes back, though frustrating, is a small price to pay when compared to over all health and well being. I was someone who really prided myself in having really long hair......I miss it yes, but I would not trade it back for the 100+ pounds I have lost even if it came with a million bucks. Now, make sure to take your daily vitamin. Vitamin b complex, biotin, and fish oil have all been said to be good supplements for hair growth and health. I take a woman's daily multi, biotin 5000 mcg, and a b complex every day. I seem to personally be allergic to fish oil though. Nioxin makes products for thinning hair, shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatments etc....and even just getting treseme or pantene variations for hair strengthening if nioxin is too expensive can help.


In other words, hair loss is no big deal when you consider the dangers of being overweight, right Del?

Take a vitamin and you'll look like the lady in this picture in no time, right?

The reality is that the hair loss suffered by many Kimkins dieters is a serious symptom of malnutrition whether Kimmer or her little synchophant Singinglass want to acknowledge it or not.

Hairloss is a sign that your system is being taxed, too few calories, too few nutrients going in and your body rebels. Can this happen on any diet? Yes. But it is a constant complaint on Kimkins because it is a starvation plan which forces the body to shed hair and absorb it's own muscle tissue in order to survive. Normal, effective low-carb diets like Atkins do not cause these dangerous side-effects. Singinglass tries here to work in the comparison between Kimkins and Atkins, but there is no comparison. Atkins is medically approved, safe and effective. Kimkins is NOT.

Since Heidi Kimmer Diaz has no hair to lose and she cannot stick to the Kimkins plan that she "invented" ...well, it's just no big deal to her. As for Singinglass, her misguided and impossible to understand hero worship of Kimmer has blinded her to very real danger she is in.

*Editors note: Special thanks to the unseen helpers who gave me this info. It is very much appreciated!

4 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

Well said, Mayberryfan! Thanks for keeping up the good work.

Unknown said...

Ya know, it just occurred to me: I haven't seen hair loss threads on "that other site" (lol) in quite a while. Hmmm...Does it correspond with when Kimmer left? Just thinking outloud here...

-- Zbunny

Mayberryfan said...

Help me out here, Z..are you talking about when Kimmer supposedly left her own site (KK) or when she left LCF? If you're referring to LCF, no there's little, if any, talk of hairloss there. Generally, the people at LCF don't encourage dieting to the point where your body starts attacking itself like it does when you do Kimkins.

Unknown said...

LOL -- Sorry for being so cryptic Mayberry. I was being tongue-in-cheek about Singinglass's comment about that "other board."

What you said is exactly what I was trying to say. I was just pondering that back when Kimmer was at LCF, I used to see hairloss threads ALL THE TIME and now I can't remember seeing one for a long time. Sort of seems to me that when people stopped starving themselves at LCF, ala Kimmer, they also stopped losing their hair. Connection?

-- Zbunny